LaV chef Allison Jenkins will welcome James Beard Award Rising Star semi-finalist and 2013 Food & Wine People’s Best New Chef finalist Erik Bruner-Yang Tuesday at the East Austin restaurant for a pop-up version of the D.C. chef’s Toki Underground. The two chefs will be joined by members of the culinary team from Woodberry Kitchen in Baltimore, as well as LaV’s outstanding pastry chef Janina O’Leary and her mentor, chef Pichet Ong.
The menu of Taiwanese and Cambodian-inspired dishes will be a change of pace for Jenkins and LaV, known for their Provencal fare. The special menu (listed below) will be served in LaV’s wine bar, with all dishes served a la carte for $4-$12. The menu is available Tuesday starting at 5 p.m. and reservations are recommended (reservations@laVAustin.com or 512-391-1888).
- Smoked Octopus Laab
- Mackerel and Smoked Duck Egg Salad
- Taiwanese oyster pancake
- Scallion pancakes and Szechuan pickles
- Fried Chicken, Hokkaido Milk Bread, fish sauce caramel
- Yamazaki whiskey tiramisu
- Miso semifreddo with blood orange, caramelized honey
- LaV doughnuts, champagne strawberries, foie ice cream