Author, television personality and food scientist Alton Brown is one of many high-profile food folks eating his way through Austin this weekend, as the Austin Food & Wine Festival descends on town.
And, he’s got good taste in tacos. He Tweeted today that the migas taco at Veracruz All-Natural was the best breakfast taco he’s ever eaten. We agree. The homemade tortillas, the soft twirl of eggs, the ripe feathers of avocado, the melty cheese, crunch tortilla strips and perfect salt-and-pepper balance … it is the Platonic ideal of a great taco. So, kudos, Alton for your stellar taste. See you around town.
- Watch: South Texas Taco Tour stops in Brownsville
- Watch: South Texas Taco Tour stops in Weslaco, McAllen and Pharr
- Austin’s taco all-stars
- 2016 Austin360 Dining Guide: Best Mexican Food in Austin
- 2016 Austin360 Dining Guide: Best Food Trailers and Trucks in Austin
- From the archives (2014): 10 tasty tacos to try in Austin