You can almost see the lines forming now. Taco Ranch from P. Terry’s will open this summer in the former Taco Cabana at 517 W. MLK Blvd., Patrick Terry said this weekend. Terry says the restaurant will be open from breakfast through late night and feature a double drive-thru and the same menu as the South Austin location.
The first location of the fast-casual approach to Tex-Mex using the responsible sourcing that helped make P. Terry’s a hit opened to mild hysteria in January. The response was so great (3,000 tacos a day) that Taco Ranch had to shorten its hours, changing its closing time to 3 p.m. Terry says those hours should eventually expand in the coming months.
Though Terry, who has been invigorated and excited by the response to Taco Ranch, had originally said he only had one location in mind for Taco Ranch, when he came across the available space near campus, it just felt like the perfect fit. Taco Cabana on MLK Blvd. closed last summer. As for a third location, Terry says none is in the works.
- Check out the full menu for Taco Ranch, P. Terry’s taco concept
- Take a taco tour around Austin
- Austin’s taco all-stars
- Austin360 Dining Guide: The Top 25 restaurants in Austin | #26-#75
- New restaurants that have recently opened in Austin
- Restaurants scheduled to open in Austin in 2018
- 2016 Austin360 Dining Guide: Best Mexican Food in Austin